This list is taken directly from a Martin Holladay article at GBA:
Here are some relative lamp efficiencies:
- "Indancescent bulbs produce about 14 to 17 lumens per watt.
- Low-cost LEDs produce about 15 to 25 lumens per watt.
- High-quality LEDs produce about 40 to 70 lumens per watt.
- CFLs produce about 48 to 60 lumens per watt.
- T-5 and T-8 linear fluorescent tubes produce about 98 to 105 lumens per watt."
And I just found this increased efficiency LED bulb that kicks out 94.4 lumens/watt:
Even though in the article Martin states:
- "For now, screw-based CFLs are the best bulb choice for residential lighting.", I think LEDs have just reached the tipping point.