I have to defend NIO battery swap:
Tuesday, May 25, 2021
Saturday, May 1, 2021
As one of the founders of Denver's Friends of Granny Flats, this article really caught my eye:
Even as a temporary solution while apartment construction catches up with demand, this is a great idea.
Although they aren't very energy efficient, they are certainly very space efficient, and using them for affordable housing during their 20 year lifespan is infinitely greener than using them for camping only a few weeks a year.
Tuesday, November 12, 2019
Saturday, July 15, 2017
Thursday, August 18, 2016
I first proposed this in 2007. Xcel then tried Smart Grid City which they bungled.
Xcel is finally letting us benefit from the advantages of:
Thursday, June 16, 2016
UDATE: I bought the Foobot, and it will go into our new homes to see if the initial air quality is acceptable.
With all the new materials and paint, etc., the initial air quality can be suspect.
Monday, June 6, 2016
1. Double stud "Shirley Wall" construction to meet superinsulation goals.
2. Insulated forms for stem walls.
3. No natural gas needed for the house.
4. Heated and cooled with one ductless minisplit heat pump.
5. Passivhaus air tightness goal, (0.6 ACH 50)
6. Fluid-applied Vapor Permeable Air Barrier.
7. Grid tied PV system for net zero yearly energy usage.
8. Induction range for cooking.
9. Ductless heat recovery ventilator.
10. Ventless heat pump clothes dryer.
11. Complies with Denver's new Tandem House zoning form. The home can be legally sold seperately from the home in front.